Bergalia War Memorial

Bergalia War Memorial after 2003 wall constructionBergalia War Memorial after 2003 wall constructionBergalia War Memorial before  2003 wall constructionBergalia War Memorial after 2003 wall constructionBergalia War Memorial after 2003 wall constructionBergalia War Memorial after 2003 wall constructionBergalia War Memorial after 2003 wall constructionBergalia War Memorial after 2003 wall constructionBergalia War Memorial after 2003 wall construction
Description

Six-sided concrete plinth, the rear side being curved. The memorial displays name plates dedicated to those who served in the World Wars. The memorial originally supported a light machine gun, and was covered with a rotunda styled roof to protect the gun from the weather. The roof and machine gun have long been removed from the site. In 2003, a grant from the Department of Veteran Affairs in 2002 enabled a curved granite wall to be constructed and the surrounds remodeled. The memorial was rededicated on ANZAC Day 2003. 

Inscription

In memory of those
who served from
the Bergalia District
1914 - 18

In memory of those
who served from the
Bergalia District
1939 - 1945
[rose]

LEST 
WE
FORGET
[+]

Veterans listed on this memorial

Rank Given Name Family Name Conflict/s Fate Service No. Service Campaign Link
D Allcock World War 2 view
R E Anderson World War 2 view
L G Anderson World War 2 view
A F Anderson World War 2 view
H W Anderson World War 2 view
A S Arnett World War 1 view
W T Barns World War 2 view
F E Beashel World War 2 view
J H Berriman World War 2 view
J A Berriman World War 1 view
Address
Bergalia Link Road
Bergalia NSW 2537
Location/surrounding area
Memorial Location
Recorded by
Mr William Altmann (former Moruya RSL Sub Branch) and Peter Levarre-Waters
Established date
1925
Dedication date
1925-04-25
Conflict/s
World War 1
World War 2
All Wars

Do you know more about this war memorial?

Help us record history by adding to its record.

Update this memorial