An avenue of trees, at the centre of which is a granite marker with dedicatory plaque and flag staff.
This avenue is dedicated to the men and women of this district who served their country in the Armed Forces, especially those who did not return.
All their names are inscribed on the Honour Roll in the Mechanics Institute.
It also commemorates the families who carried on at home and all those who worked in essential services.
This Avenue planted in July 1999 replaces the 'Soldiers Memory Avenue' planted in August 1919, which no longer exists.
Dedicated 11 November 2000 by
Fr Patrick Corbett C.SS.R.
Rev. Haydn Swinbourn.
Help us record history by adding to its record.