Description / Background
Clock tower built of sandstone, with multiple honour roll plaques attached. The memorial is situated in the middle of a roundabout at the intersection of Hutton and Lachlan Streets. Since 2007 the original stone plaques have been replaced with brass ones.
BOGAN GATE WAR MEMORIAL
Residents of Bogan Gate and District built this war memorial to honour those who fought and died for us. The monument was dedicated on September 9th, 1922, by Goobang Shire President, Mr. John Whitmill.
During 2002, the Bogan Gate War Memorial Committee commenced a project to restore the monument clock which had not worked for approximately 70 years. The project was funded by the Federal Government Commemmorative Grant Program, titled 'Their Service, Our Heritage' and local donations.
This plaque was unveiled by Federal Member for Parkes Mr John Cobb MP, Anzac Day 2004. To celebrate completion of the clock restoration project.