Large granite column, surmounted by an orb on a square plate. The column stands on a rectangular stepped pedestal, supported by a square stepped base. It was unveiled on 25 May 1924 in honour of those who served in the First World War. Multiple marble and brass plaques with inscriptions are attached to the pedestal.
Flanking the memorial are pillars supporting hollow metal posts topped with lights that illuminate the column. There are also several plinths on either side bearing plaques, including honour rolls, dedicated to the Second World War, Korea and Vietnam. Nearby is a mounted propeller, with a plaque identifying those who served with the Royal Australian Air Force. These additions have been introduced to the memorial precinct over the last 20 years.
A set of memorial gates with two brick posts and a metal arch are at the entrance to the park, and lead to the column.
Officially opened by Brigadier C.F Cox on the 25th of May 1924
Sacred to the memory of our brave boys who paid the supreme sacrifice in serving their King and Country during the Great War 1914 to 1918.
The central pillar was erected in dedication to
all who served during
and was unveiled by
Brigadier General C.F. Cox
25 May 1924
Lest We Forget