Adjacent to a flagstaff, the memorial is formed by two large rectangular sawn pieces of sandstone as the base. The top slab is set at a slight angle off the horizontal and attached to its upper surface are three bronze plaques. All three plaques were on the original memorial which was located at the Tennyson Road entrance to the former A.G.L. Mortlake Gasworks.
The memorial was first established in1926, then in 2010. It was originally dedicated on 25 August 1926 and again on 13 November 2010. The re-dedication was performed by Her Excellency the Governor, Professor Marie Bashir.
In memory of the employees of the Australian Gas Light Co. Who gave their lives for King and Country in the 1914 1918 World War.
This tablet was unveiled by His Excellency The Governor Sir D R S de Chair, KCB, MVO, on the 25th August 1926.
1939 - 1945 In memory of all who served in World War II and of those who gave their lives. 'Lest We Forget'.
Lest We Forget
|Rank||Given Name||Family Name||Conflict/s||Fate||Service No.||Service||Campaign||Link|
|M||Thornton||World War 1||DOS||view|
|F||Thomas||World War 1||DOS||view|
|C||Taylor||World War 1||DOS||view|
|J||Riddle||World War 1||DOS||view|
|J||Ricks||World War 1||DOS||view|
|S J||Reeves||World War 1||DOS||view|
|J||Purkins||World War 1||DOS||view|
|W R||Porter||World War 1||DOS||view|
|J||Perry||World War 1||DOS||view|
|R||Parton||World War 1||DOS||view|
Help us record history by adding to its record.