The monument consists of two free stone pillars each 0.6 m wide and 0.3m deep, faced with marble tablets displaying lead lettered inscriptions. The gates, 3.0m wide are surmounted by a pediment featuring crossed rifles, laurel wreath, and rising sun. The gates are of ornamental ironwork by Larcombe & Co. of Lidcombe, to their own designs, and cost one hundred and fifty pounds. In 2003, the gates were moved back due to movement by encroaching tree roots. 'Excerpt on Condobolin participation in the World Wars' - W. Bayley (PDF format)The memorial is located on the Southern end of the school.
'Ex pupils of this school who fought in the Great War1914 - 1919' 'Erected in grateful memory. Unveiled 15th September 1920By P Board esq. C.M.C.M.A. NSW Board of Education.' [After Names List] 'They loved the land that bore them'
|Rank||Given Name||Family Name||Conflicts||Fate||Service No.||Service||Campaign||Link|
|Arthur||Auhl||World War 1||KIA||view|
|Walter||Auhl||World War 1||view|
|Albert||Barnes||World War 1||view|
|Herbert||Booth||World War 1||view|
|Henry||Bouffler||World War 1||view|
|Arthur||Bowman||World War 1||KIA||view|
|Geoffrey||Bowman||World War 1||view|
|Harold||Brewer||World War 1||view|
|John||Bright||World War 1||view|
|Francis||Brown||World War 1||view|
Help us record history by adding to its record.