2020 marks 75 years since the end of the Second World War. To commemorate this important year, the NSW Government interviewed WWII veterans about their experiences. Read our 75th Anniversary Stories.
Guidon accompanied by a brass plaque with embossed lettering. The memorial was established on 2 April 1928.
A guidon is an heraldic banner carried by cavalry regiments, the equivalent of the colours borne by regiments of line infantry. Until about a century ago, guidons and colours were taken into battle as the distinguishing symbols and rallying points for fighting units.
The guidon of the Royal New South Wales Lancers was consecrated and presented to the 1st Light Horse Regiment (New South Wales Lancers) on 2nd April, 1928. It was laid up in this church on 2nd March, 1958. This tablet was unveiled by his Excellency the Governor of New South Wales LT-GEN SIR Eric Woodward, K.C.M.G., C.B., C.B.E., D.S.O. Honorary colonel of the regiment on 1st. March, 1959.
Help us record history by adding to its record.