If you are a return visitor to the Register and already have an account, you can login here.
War memorials are unique and often significant to their communities. The Register holds more than 3,000 war memorial records from across New South Wales, and more than 200,000 veteran records.You can help us conserve state heritage by recording your local memorials and the veterans they commemorate.
If you are new to the Register, welcome! Please read the below steps to update records online. In order to keep the Register’s information accurate and consistent, we are not able to accept memorial and veteran records via email or post.
If you are concerned about the physical condition of a war memorial in your area please use our Report a concern form to advise us. If you are experiencing technical difficulties or issues logging in to your account, please call (02) 9273 1554 or email us. We will endeavour to resolve your issue as soon as possible.
ADD A NEW MEMORIAL RECORD OR UPDATE A MEMORIAL RECORD
- Please create an account or login here. You will receive a confirmation email when your account has been created.
- Is the war memorial recorded on the Register? If yes, please review the record and make a note of any information that is missing or out of date. You will be able to update this information in the online form.
- Once logged in, you can add or update memorial records by clicking “Contribute to the Register” in the main menu and then “Add or update a war memorial”.
- In the first section of the online form, fill in “Your Details” as needed and click “Next Page”.
- If you would like to update an existing memorial record, use the lookup field to “Find an existing memorial”.
- If you would like to add a new memorial record, type the memorial’s name in the field “Add new memorial name”. Follow the prompts to complete the rest of the form.
- Remember to save your work by clicking “Save Draft” so you can return to it at a later time if need be. The "Save Draft" button can be found at the top and bottom of each form section.
- To access any draft submissions, login and click “Contribute to the Register” and “Add or update a war memorial”, then “Select Draft” at the top of the page.
- When you have completed all sections of the form as required you will be able to submit the form for review.
ADD INFORMATION TO A VETERAN’S PAGE
The NSW War Memorials Register includes pages for individual veterans commemorated on a war memorial in NSW. If you have conducted research about a veteran and their service history, you can add this information directly to their page.
- To update a veteran record, please create an account or login. You will receive a confirmation email when your account has been created.
- Find the veteran’s page on the Register. You can do this by navigating to “Find a memorial or veteran” and searching by surname. You can then filter by first name or initial. Click the veteran’s name to access their page.
- The veteran’s page will pre-populate with the details we already have about them. You can add more information by clicking "Do you know more about this veteran?" on the right hand side of the page and filling in the relevant form fields.
- Remember to save any draft versions of your work if you would like to return to them at a later time.
All contributions are reviewed by our team before they become public. If we need to clarify or discuss your submission, one of the team will get in touch with you before publishing.
To ensure the information you provide is published in a timely manner, you can refer to the other pages on this site. These pages will assist you in preparing your submission: