How to submit documentation online
How to add a new memorial
Firstly search the Register and ensure your memorial isn't already registered.
- Go to the Log in page (top right) and click on 'create a new account' follow the prompts. You will receive an email when you are an approved author.
Have your content ready including:
- Photograph/s of the memorial, preferably high quality and with the memorial’s setting (mandatory)
- Memorial name and description
- Dedication date and details, date established
- Contact name/email/telephone number
- Related material (search Trove for old Australian newspaper articles: http://trove.nla.gov.au/)
- List of veterans, for when you have say an honour roll - complete the Veteran List Template.
- Login at the Log in page (top right)
- Select ‘Add Memorial’ from the top right hand side corner.
- Fill in as much information as possible.
- Under 'Recorded by' make sure to enter the contact information, and include anyone who may have helped you gather content.
- In the 'Working Notes' field, enter any extra notes on the submission or messages to the Register Administrator. These will not appear on the webpage, but can be accessed when editing the memorial page.
- At a minimum attach one relevant image. Also add any videos and associated documents. Fill in the ‘Alternate text’ and ‘Title’ field. Please make sure that you have permission to use any files that are not your own, and that copyright information is acknowledged.
- If you have a list of veterans, on a honour roll for example, complete the 'Veteran List Template' (excel spreadsheet), and upload it into the 'Documents' section at the bottom.
- For ‘Location/Surrounding Area’ be detailed eg Jubilee Park behind the left gate.
- For Address data, enter memorial address then click on 'Find using Address Data field' button. This will locate the address on the map. If the address is incorrect, you can manually override this by selecting the pencil tool (top right) and clicking on the map.
- Select ‘Save’ (bottom left) after you have checked your content and you will receive a you will receive an email acknowledging your contribution and it is then safe to navigate away from this page.
- After your memorial has been approved, you will receive an email notification, and you will be able to view the listing online.
Feel free to contact us with queries/problems on 02-9273 1554 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search by memorial name, suburb, postcode, veteran name