How to submit documentation online
- Go to the Log in page, and log in using the details specified when you registered for an account.
- When you have prepared your content, you are ready to start registering the memorial.
- Select ‘Add Memorial’ from the top right hand side corner.
- The ‘Title’ field is for the name of the memorial. The MemNo and MemName can be left blank
- Fill in as much information as possible. Make sure to enter the contact information, and include anyone who may have helped you by gathering content for the submission under ‘Recorded by’.
- Enter any notes about the submission in the ‘WorkingNotes’ field. These will not appear on the website, but can be accessed when editing the memorial page. This can also be used for notes directed to staff administrators.
- Attach and upload any relevant images, video, or documents. Please make sure that you have permission to use any files that are not your own, and copyright information is acknowledged.
- Select ‘Choose File’, and find the file on your computer to attach. When you have located the file, select ‘Open’, and then ‘Upload’. Fill in the ‘Alternate text’ and ‘Title’ field. You are able to upload multiple files. This process will also work for ‘Documents’ and ‘Multimedia’.
- You will need to fill out the ‘Veteran List Template’ excel spreadsheet, and upload it into the ‘Feed’ section at the bottom. If there are no veterans listed, upload a blank list.
- At the bottom of the form, you will fill in the location information of the memorial. The first ‘Location/Surrounding Area’ field is a free text field, in which you can make any comments about the location. Enter the memorial address, click the “Find using Address Data field” button. This will locate the address on the map. If the address is incorrect, you can manually override this by selecting the pointer tool in the top right hand side, a clicking on the map.
- The ‘Revision information’ field is to be used if editing an existing memorial registration. Here you will add an explanation about the changes you have made.
- Select ‘Preview’ and check your work, then select ‘Save’. When you have reached this stage, it is safe to navigate away from this page. After your memorial has been approved, you will receive an email notification, and you will be able to view the listing online.
Search by memorial name, suburb, postcode, veteran name