Liverpool Light Horse Park

Description

In the centre of this memorial park is an upright concrete pillar, standing on a marble and concrete base. Engraved on the pillar are two Light Horsemen and a Light Horseman’s slouch hat. On the base is a plaque. The whole memorial is surrounded by a black iron picket fence.

Inscription

The Light Horse

This memorial to the Australian Light Horse was unveiled by Major General J. M. L. Macdonald AO, MBE, RFD, ED, (RL) at 11:00 AM on 11th November 1988. An Australian Bicentennial Project to commemorate the Nation's Bicentenary in 1988.

Address
Light Horse Park
4 Riverpark Drive
Liverpool NSW 2170
Local Government Area
  • Liverpool, City of
Setting
  • Garden/park
Memorial type
  • Column/pillar
  • Garden/park
Recorded by
Ms. Jane Williamson
Established date
1988
Established Date format: 
$e_original_date = $entity->field_established['und'][0]['value']; if (!empty($e_original_date)) { $changed_date = strtotime($e_original_date); $new_date = date("d F Y", $changed_date); print '
Established date
'; print $new_date; } else{ print ''; }
Dedication date: 
1988-11-11
Dedication date
11 November 1988
Conflict/s
  • South African War (Boer War), 1899–1902
  • First World War, 1914–18

Do you know more about this war memorial?

Help us record history by adding to its record.

Update this memorial