The reserve was proclaimed a war memorial in 1951. The Northbridge sub-branch of the Returned and Services League built a hall, flagpole and memorial garden on the site in 1954. In 2001, due to declining numbers the Northbridge RSL sub-Branch became part of the North Sydney RSL sub-branch who are now the custodians of the memorial. The hall and tennis courts became a local recreation centre, controlled and managed by Willoughby Council.
NORTHBRIDGE MEMORIAL GARDENS
THESE MEMORIAL GARDENS ARE DEDICATED TO THE MEMORY OF THE FALLEN.
THE GARDENS WERE CONSTRUCTED BY THE NORTHBRIDGE R.S.L. SUB-BRANCH AND DEDICATED BY THE CLERGY IN 1956.
Help us record history by adding to its record.