2020 marks 75 years since the end of the Second World War. To commemorate this important year, the NSW Government is interviewing WWII veterans about their experiences. Read our 75th Anniversary Stories.
The former Scone Soldiers' Memorial School of Arts was dedicated on 25 March 1924. The memorial entrance arch bearing the roll of honour was dedicated later that year on 26 August. Two plaques are inscribed with the names of those who died, and are attached to the front face of the pillars. At the base of each pillar is a smaller plaque bearing the dedication. Surmounting the arch on the coping stone is an Australian Commonwealth Military Forces badge.
To the memory of fallen comrades
Erected by the Returned Soldiers of Scone & District.
Unveiled by Lieut. Col. D. Cameron DSO & Bar. 26th August 1924.
|Rank||Given Name||Family Name||Conflict/s||Fate||Service No.||Service||Campaign||Link|
|J E||Adams||World War 1||KIA||view|
|G||Ashford||World War 1||KIA||view|
|H H||Baker||World War 1||KIA||view|
|E C||Battye||World War 1||KIA||view|
|S||Bird||World War 1||KIA||view|
|T||Blayden||World War 1||KIA||view|
|A S||Bowd||World War 1||KIA||view|
|A||Boyd||World War 1||KIA||view|
|R||Bradley||World War 1||KIA||view|
|A A||Bramley||World War 1||KIA||view|
Help us record history by adding to its record.