A white rectangular marble plaque, with a St Andrew's Cross engraved in the top two corners, attached to the wall of St Andrew's Chapel within the Cathedral. The inscription is blackened and a small Australian Army badge is at the top of the plaque. The stone to which this plaque is now attached was brought from Changi and there is a brass plate to this effect immediately below the marble plaque.
St Andrew's Chapel To the Glory of God In memory of the members of the AIF who gave their lives in the Malayan CampaignErected by RAEDedicated 24th May 1942 Empire Day, Whitsunday. Brass plate beneath: This stone was brought from Changi Prisoner of War Camp Malaya by the Reverend M K Jones, Senior Chaplain to the Eighth Australian Division, sometime Precentor of this Cathedral,and was unveiled on ANZAC Day 1949.
Help us record history by adding to its record.