Low concrete wall with metal lettering 'TINGIRA MEMORIAL PARK' on the side. Display panel above. The park and memorial were designed by Jane Irwin Landscape Architects in association with McGregor Westlake Architects.
The HMAS Tingira was a Navy training vessel Moored off the shores of Rose Bay from 1912 to 1927. The ship and its crew are remembered on the site. The RAN Reserve News of 22 April 2004 contains an article about the re-opening of the refurbished memorial which includes a short history of the Tingira.
Tingira Memorial Park
This plaque commemorates the re-opening of Tingira Memorial Park on March 7 2004 by the Mayor of Woollahra, Councillor John Comino.
The Park upgrade and Memorial plaques were funded by The Australian Government Department of Veterans Affairs, Woollahra Council and the Rose Bay RSL Club and Sub-Branch. Special thanks to the Federal Member for Wentworth, Peter King, MP, members for the Tingira Committee, the Bondi Waverley RSL Club, Rose Bay Public School, HMAS Watson and the Woollahra History and Heritage Society for their support.
The HMAS Tingira played an important role from 1912 to 1927 as a Navy training vessel, moored off the shores of Rose Bay.
The navy ship and its crew are remembered here on this site.
Help us record history by adding to its record.