St Barnabas Anglican Memorial Church, Urunga

Bob Malone, Bellingen Shire CouncilBob Malone, Bellingen Shire Council
Description

Large brick and tile Anglican church in Urunga, dedicated to those who served in the First and Second World Wars. Dedication plaques are set in the front of the church exterior, beneath a large wooden cross.

Inscription

Plaque 1

The
Sactuary and Hall
of this Church were
Hallowed
by
+ Donald
Bishop of Grafton
21, June 1984
Parish Priest:
The Rev'd Fr. Eric Griffith

Plaque 2

Laus Deo

This Stone was set by the
Rt. Rev. Robert Gordon Arthur
Sixth Lord Bishop of Grafton
to mark the consecration
of this Church
of St. Barnabas the Apostle
on the eleventh of June A.D 1969
The Rev. Sidney Welch.

Plaque 3

To The Glory of God
and in memory of those who
served in two world wars
this stone was set by
The RT. Rev. K. J. Clements
Bishop of Grafton
30th April 1960
R. J Board & Son - Architects
Rev. A J Gerlach - Director

Address
3 Bowra Street
Urunga NSW 2455
Local Government Area
  • Bellingen Shire
Setting
  • Roadside
Memorial type
  • Building
Recorded by
Bob Malone, Bellingen Shire Council
Established Date format: 
$e_original_date = $entity->field_established['und'][0]['value']; if (!empty($e_original_date)) { $changed_date = strtotime($e_original_date); $new_date = date("d F Y", $changed_date); print '
Established date
'; print $new_date; } else{ print ''; }
Dedication date: 
1960-03-30
Dedication date
30 March 1960
Conflict/s
  • First World War, 1914–18
  • Second World War, 1939–45

Do you know more about this war memorial?

Help us record history by adding to its record.

Update this memorial