2020 marks 75 years since the end of the Second World War. To commemorate this important year, the NSW Government interviewed WWII veterans about their experiences. Read our 75th Anniversary Stories.
A meeting of the Copmanhurst Hall Committee was held on 24 September 1945 and the Copmanhurst War Memorial Committee was formed. The old Copmanhurst Hall was destroyed by a hurricane late in 1946, and in April 1947 an auction sale of the timber and galvanised iron was held.
Construction was estimated to cost between £2,000 to £3,000 and the committee set out to raise funds through rodeos, dances, donations and race meetings. The Copmanhurst Race Club was also formed in 1949 to raise funds for the hall.
By August 1954, the revocation and rededication of the site had been referred to the district surveyor in Grafton. The weatherboard hall was officially opened by Col. M. F. Bruxner MLA in 1956.
War Memorial Hall
Help us record history by adding to its record.