The NSW War Memorials Register is undergoing essential maintenance. Submissions are not being accepted at this time. Read more here. We apologise for the inconvenience.
The memorial is a timber roll of honour constructed from cedar, commemorating servicemen from the Bangalow Presbyterian Church who served in the First World War. The board has been carved with a Gothic arch shape and has turned columns at each side and a supporting platform at the bottom. The names and fate of 35 veterans are printed in gold in two vertical columns.
The memorial was unveiled at Bangalow Presbyterian Church on 16 July 1916. The service was conducted by Reverend R Miller and Mr W Gay, the oldest member of the church, was chosen to unveil the roll (Northern Star (Lismore), 21 July 1916).
The memorial originally contained the names and fate of 23 servicemen, however further names have been added over the years.
1914 - 1919
Roll of Honour
|Last held rank||Given Name||Family Name||Conflict/s||Fate||Service No.||Service||Unit at embarkation||Campaign||Read more|
|Lt||Thomas K||Ferguson||WW1||KIA11/10/16 ww1||47 Bn||view|