Boggabri War Memorial

Description

Granite column surmounted by an orb, together on a square base. 4 metres tall overall with name plates attached to 90cm square faces.
2nd dedication on the 11th November 1989.

Inscription

North Side: Erected in honour of the soldiers from Boggabri and district who served in the Great War 1914 - 1918
Greater love hath no man than this that a man lay down his life for his friends

West Side:
Dedicated 11th November 1989
WOI & RJ Chapman
12/16 Hunter River Lancers

East Side:
Unveiled by the Governor General
Lord Stonehaven
14th May 1929

Veterans listed on this memorial

Rank Given Name Family Name Conflicts Fate Service No. Service Campaign Link
Sister Warner World War 2 view
A Behan World War 1 view
A Bennet World War 1 view
A Lee World War 1 view
A Lennox World War 1 view
A McKenzie World War 2 view
A Park World War 1 view
A Anderson World War 1 KIA view
A Anderson World War 1 view
A Clements World War 1 view
Address
Corner of Morton and Brent Street
Boggabri NSW 2382
Location/surrounding area
Memorial Location
Recorded by
Boggabri Public School
Established date
14th May 1929
Dedication date
1989-11-11 00:00:00.0

Do you know more about this war memorial?

Help us record history by adding to its record.

Update this memorial