Two large marble tablets commemorating those from Casino and District who served in the Great War are located in the entrance foyer to the Casino and District Memorial Hospital. Below the tablets is a dedication plaque.
At a meeting of the Casino Hospital Board held in January 1933 it was recommended the tablets be attached to the new hospital's foundation stone. The official opening of the new hospital took place on Saturday 16 December 1933. At the function, the Casino Returned Soldiers' League organised for Deputy Premier, Lieut-Colonel M F Bruxner, MLA to perform the ceremony to unveil the tablets in the main entrance.
Casino and District
Our Glorious Dead
were erected by
relatives & comrades
of the men of Casino
who served and died
in the Great War.
were unveiled by
Lieut. Col. The Hon. M.F. Bruxner
Deputy Premier of N.S.W.
December 16th 1933.
|Given Name||Family Name||Conflict/s||Fate||Service||Campaign||Link|
|C||Alcock||World War 1||KIA 28/8/1916||[field_service]||France||view|
|A||Armitage||World War 1||KIA 31/7/1917||[field_service]||Belgium||view|
|L||Arndell||World War 1||KIA 3/5/1917||[field_service]||France||view|
|M W||Aspery||World War 1||KIA 12/8/1918||[field_service]||France||view|
|G E||Auckram||World War 1||KIA 19/7/1918||[field_service]||France||view|
|H||Avery||World War 1||KIA 8/8/1915||[field_service]||Gallipoli, Dardanelles, Turkey||view|
|A E||Bailey||World War 1||KIA 2/4/1918||[field_service]||Dernancourt, France||view|
|W E||Bain||World War 1||KIA 20/7/1916||[field_service]||France||view|
|W H||Bain||World War 1||6697||[field_service]||Palestine||view|
|F||Baskerville||World War 1||DOI 11/6/1916||[field_service]||Brisbane, Queensland, Australia,||view|
Help us record history by adding to its record.