A low marble plinth with an honour roll plaque attached to the top. It lists the names of locals who served in the Second World War. The plaque has a notable amount of names for such a small town population. It was unveiled by Mr D. Hughes on Sunday 11 November 1951. The memorial is located across the road from Hernani Public School, at the tennis courts. Hernani is located approximately 50km west of Dorrigo, 100km north-east of Armidale and 110km south-east of Grafton.
Roll of Honour
World War II
1939 - 1945
|Rank||Given Name||Family Name||Conflict/s||Fate||Service No.||Service||Campaign||Link|
|PTE.||J||Campbell||World War 2||view|
|PTE.||J||Chard||World War 2||view|
|ACW.||Mavis||Ditton||World War 2||view|
|PTE.||R||Draper||World War 2||view|
|SGT.||K||Elks||World War 2||view|
|SGT.||G||Elks||World War 2||view|
|PTE.||R||Elks||World War 2||view|
|ACW.||Maxine||Elliot||World War 2||view|
|CPL.||R||Elliott||World War 2||view|
|CPL.||J||Elliott||World War 2||view|
Help us record history by adding to its record.