A stone plinth with four turned marble columns surmounted by a marble statue of an angel. There is also a new addition of a twenty five pounder field gun, established in 2008, dedicated to the first Commanding Officer of the 2/12 Field Regiment, Royal Australian Army.
Erected by the residents of Laurieton and district in commemoration of the valour of the men who served in the Great War 1914 - 1919 'Greater love hath no man than this that a man lay down his life for his friends.' This 25 pdr. QF Gun mark 1/L, barrell No. L10771, was manufactured in Melbourne at Rutwolt Foundries in 1942 and is of the type used by 2/12 Field Regiment RAA in New Guinea, Labuan Island and Borneo from August 1943 to March 1946. This Regiment also saw action at Tobruk and El Alamein 1941-43. Max range 12,250 m. weight in action 1814 kg. Gun crew of 6. The shield signs signify the Ninth Division Artillery and a Gun from Don Troop designated 'Shirley' in honour of Brigadier Shirley T. W. Goodwin, KIA 25 Nov 1943, first Commanding Officer of 2/12 Field Regiment. RSL Laurieton Sub Branch members who served with this Unit are: NX 116665 HL Maidment, VX 51369 VH McGlone, VX 20854 JC Kittson, VX 24171 RWN Kittson.
|Rank||Given Name||Family Name||Conflicts||Fate||Service No.||Service||Campaign||Link|
|C H||Arnott||World War 1||KIA||view|
|K A||Arnott||World War 1||view|
|L D R||Bell||World War 1||view|
|R M||Bell||World War 1||view|
|H W||Bird||World War 1||view|
|R A||Bird||World War 1||view|
|R||Bryant||World War 1||view|
|C||Bryant||World War 1||view|
|S H||Buckman||World War 1||view|
|A C||Callow||World War 1||view|
Help us record history by adding to its record.