A large, four-sided trachyte stone memorial, set on a circular red-brick base with a low, decorative wrought iron ring around the perimeter. Atop is a bronze statue of a female angel of peace bearing a shield. The statue was created by Gilbert Doble. The names of veterans are embossed on a series of bronze plaques on each face of the memorial as below.
[Above the list of veterans who lost their lives]
Raised in honour of the men of Pyrmont and Ultimo who served their country during the Great War 1914 – 1919. Erected by the people of these districts.
[On the angel’s shield]
Their name liveth for ever more
Help us record history by adding to its record.