Reinforced concrete obelisk on a base of the same material. Each of the four faces bear white marble panels, inscribed with names and dedications inlaid with lead. On the pedimental cap, also inlaid with lead, is a design of crossed guns, the Union Jack and the Australian flag. From the base to the apex, the obelisk measures aproximately 4.8 metres. The monument is surrounded by a wrought iron fence, set between eight decorative concrete posts. The concept designer and builder was W. Larcombe and Son of Dubbo.
Attached to one side of the base is a Second World War honour roll for the Westella district, unveiled at the local hall around October 1948 and at some stage relocated to the obelisk.
The memorial is located within the grounds of Wongarbon Primary School.
Notes on veterans' names:
The Great War of 1914-1918
They heard the call and answered
by the Citizens of Wongarbon & District
|Rank||Given Name||Family Name||Conflict/s||Fate||Service No.||Service||Unit||Campaign||Link|
|Spr||Keith Argyle James||Tweedy||WWI||RTA||21880||AIF||8th Field Coy||view|
|Lt||Robert Patrick||Tweedy||WWI||DOI||Volunteer||Red Cross Comm.||England||view|
|Pte||Cyril James||Tompkins||WWI||RTA||2738||AIF||7th Fld Coy Engrs||view|
|Pte||Harold Gordon||Smith||WWI||KIA||1688||AIF||45th Battalion||Flanders||view|
|Dvr||William Hilton||Saunders||WWI||RTA||4901||AIF||13th Bn / 4th D A C||view|
Help us record history by adding to its record.