The NSW War Memorials Register is undergoing essential maintenance. Submissions are not being accepted at this time. Read more here. We apologise for the inconvenience.
Oakwood Hall was established by December 1909. Following the First World War, the hall committee decided to construct extensions to the hall in remembrance of the men who were killed. The extensions included three rooms at the side of the hall: a cloak room, a supper room, and an increase in the ante rooms. A marble dedication tablet was placed in the hall. Mrs. G. Palmer who lost two sons of the four who served, unveiled the tablet.
At a later date, the hall was moved to the Inverell Pioneer Village, where is is used for displays.
The additions to this hall were erected 1922, at the instigation of the Oakwood Red Cross Society as a memorial to the men of Oakwood & Cherrytree Hill who gave up their lives in the cause of Liberty & Justice in the Great World War 1914–1918.