The NSW War Memorials Register is undergoing essential maintenance. Submissions are not being accepted at this time. Read more here. We apologise for the inconvenience.
In 1921, a memorial organ was installed in Armidale Methodist Church, and dedicated on Sunday 24 April. The organ was a Estey model E54 with eleven stops, double manual and all modern accessories. Funds had been sought earlier in the month at the unveiling of the Armidale Methodist Church First World War Honour Roll on 3 April, and £250 was the target figure. The funds were almost provided at the offertory taken that day.
In July 1935, a new organ purchased from St Stephen’s Church in Sydney was installed. The new organ was officially opened and dedicated on Sunday 21 July 1935. It bears the plaque from the original organ.
1914 The Great War 1919
In honor of the men who in the nations hour of need responded to the call of duty