Berrima First and Second World Wars Memorial

Description

A stone pillar bearing two dedication plaques for the First and Second World Wars, unveiled around May 1953. Two flagpoles flank the memorial. It is located within a triangular park which is bordered by a white picket fence, and several wooden benches are within the grounds. There is a row of rosemary around the inside of the fence, and a large tree planted by Sir Henry Parkes with a plaque attached to a low plinth. 

Inscription

Plaque 1

1914 - 1918
Lest We Forget
1939 - 1945

Plaque 2

In Memory of the fallen
and the
unknown Australian solider.
75th Anniversary of
Remembrance Day
11.11.1993

Address
Cnr Old Hume Highway and Jellore Street
Berrima NSW 2577
Local Government Area
  • Wingecarribee Shire
Setting
  • Garden/park
Memorial type
  • Column/pillar
Recorded by
Ms. Jane Williamson and Peter Levarre-Waters
Established date
1953
Established Date format: 
$e_original_date = $entity->field_established['und'][0]['value']; if (!empty($e_original_date)) { $changed_date = strtotime($e_original_date); $new_date = date("d F Y", $changed_date); print '
Established date
'; print $new_date; } else{ print ''; }
Conflict/s
  • First World War, 1914–18
  • Second World War, 1939–45

Do you know more about this war memorial?

Help us record history by adding to its record.

Update this memorial