The NSW War Memorials Register is undergoing essential maintenance. Submissions are not being accepted at this time. Read more here. We apologise for the inconvenience.
The foundation stone for the memorial hospital was laid on 9 October 1925 and it was officially opened on 3 October 1928. Inside the entry hall to the original hospital building is the honour roll which is comprised of three large white marble plaques attached to the brick wall. It was dedicated on 31 March 1927. The inscription and veterans' names are engraved and gilded on the plaques. In the hall there is also a photograph of the Anzac's landing at Gallipoli, plaques listing the life members of the hospital and, a handbill advertising a fundraising race meeting for the hospital which was dropped from the air by Sir Ross Smith in late 1919 as part of his historic flight from England to Australia.
In memory of the fallen
Great War 1914-1918.
Unveiled March 31st 1927 by
Her Royal Highness the Duchess of York.
'Not once or twice in our fair island story,
The path of duty was the way to glory.'
This stone was laid by His Excellency Admiral Sir Dudley R S De Chair, KCB, MVO 9th October 1925
The Thomas James Cale Memorial Drive, 1950
|Last held rank||Given Name||Family Name||Conflict/s||Fate||Service No.||Service||Campaign||Read more|
|R E||Acland||World War 1||view|
|P J||Aldrid||World War 1||view|
|R R||Annesley||World War 1||view|
|R||Babbs||World War 1||view|
|F||Bailey||World War 1||view|
|H R||Bailey||World War 1||view|
|R||Bailey||World War 1||view|
|T||Bannon||World War 1||view|
|L||Blockley||World War 1||view|
|T G||Boyd||World War 1||view|