Boggabri War Memorial

Description

Granite column surmounted by an orb, together on a square base. 4 metres tall overall with name plates attached to 90cm square faces.
2nd dedication on the 11th November 1989.

Inscription

North Side: Erected in honour of the soldiers from Boggabri and district who served in the Great War 1914 - 1918
Greater love hath no man than this that a man lay down his life for his friends

West Side:
Dedicated 11th November 1989
WOI & RJ Chapman
12/16 Hunter River Lancers

East Side:
Unveiled by the Governor General
Lord Stonehaven
14th May 1929

Veterans listed on this memorial

Rank Given Name Family Name Conflict/s Fate Service No. Service Unit Campaign Link
Pte W Aston World War 1 128 AIF 2nd Btn view
2nd Corpl H (HW) Barr World War 1 2179 AIF 33rd Btn view
Pte G E Bush World War 1 85 AIF 6th Light Horse view
Pte S (SD) Cargill World War 1 7173 AIF 17th Btn view
H W Crisp World War 1 view
Gunner W Dugan World War 1 293 AIF view
A Graham World War 1 view
Sgt F A Hunter World War 1 5601 AIF 18th Btn view
Alb McGrath World War 1 view
A McGrath World War 1 view
Address
Corner of Morton and Brent Street
Boggabri NSW 2382
Location/surrounding area
Memorial Location
Recorded by
Boggabri Public School
Established date
14th May 1929
Dedication date
1989-11-11 00:00:00.0

Do you know more about this war memorial?

Help us record history by adding to its record.

Update this memorial