Boggabri War Memorial

Description

Granite column surmounted by an orb, together on a square base. 4 metres tall overall with name plates attached to 90cm square faces.
2nd dedication on the 11th November 1989.

Inscription

North Side: Erected in honour of the soldiers from Boggabri and district who served in the Great War 1914 - 1918
Greater love hath no man than this that a man lay down his life for his friends

West Side:
Dedicated 11th November 1989
WOI & RJ Chapman
12/16 Hunter River Lancers

East Side:
Unveiled by the Governor General
Lord Stonehaven
14th May 1929

Veterans listed on this memorial

Rank Given Name Family Name Conflicts Fate Service No. Service Campaign Link
C H Courtney World War 1 view
J Courtney World War 1 view
W H Courtney World War 1 view
E C Cowen World War 1 view
A E Cox World War 1 view
N J Cox World War 2 view
R G Cox World War 2 view
F Crawford World War 1 view
N Crawford World War 1 view
C Crawford World War 1 view
Address
Corner of Morton and Brent Street
Boggabri NSW 2382
Location/surrounding area
Memorial Location
Recorded by
Boggabri Public School
Established date
14th May 1929
Dedication date
1989-11-11 00:00:00.0

Do you know more about this war memorial?

Help us record history by adding to its record.

Update this memorial