Three tablets made of black stone, polished, engraved and attached to upright concrete plinths. They were installed in front of Ingleburn Station as part of the station's southern entry forecourt renovation in 2015. The central tablet includes The Ode and is flanked on either side with tablets listing the names of Ingleburn men who served in the First and Second World Wars. Transport for NSW and contractor Arenco provided the three concrete plinths and the plaques were provided by the local RSL as part of a joint project between the RSL and Campbelltown City Council (Campbelltown MacArthur Advertiser, 3rd August 2015).
Bardia Army Barracks were constructed in Ingleburn in 1940, near where the current Bardia Public School stands. Ingleburn Railway Station provided transport to the barracks for many soldiers. The memorial lies within the heritage listing boundary of the Ingleburn Railway Station Group. It also lies close to a mature Bunya tree which has a historical plaque noting it was planted following Ingleburn Post Office, which was previously located on this site, being destroyed by fire.
The Great War
1914 - 1918
World War II
1939 - 1945
Help us record history by adding to its record.