A Marulan granite memorial monument, with three main panels on the front. The centre panel bears an inscription and an honour roll for the First World War. It is decorated with a bronze insert of the Australian Commonwealth Military Forces badge. The left and right panels also contain names from this war. An additional granite panel has been attached to the bottom of the centre panel to accomodate the roll for the Second World War. All lettering is in gold. A flagstaff is visible immediately behind the memorial.
The memorial was dedicated in 1924 by Brigadier General Ramsay McNicholl, who had commanded the 10th Australian Infantry Brigade, First Australian Imperial Force. The roll for the Second World War was unveiled on 25 April 1950. The memorial was moved to its present location, opposite the administration building of historic Kenmore Psychiatric Hospital, from the nearby main entrance road in 1980.
In grateful memory
of those who fought and fell
in the Great War
Greater love hath no man than this,
that a man lay down his life for his friends.
* Killed in action - Died of illness
|Rank||Given Name||Family Name||Conflict/s||Fate||Service No.||Service||Campaign||Link|
|A||Adams||World War 1||view|
|N||Armfield||World War 1||view|
|A H||Avis||World War 2||view|
|G H||Ayre||World War 1||view|
|R G||Betts||World War 2||view|
|W C||Box||World War 1||view|
|M||Brown||World War 2||DPOW||view|
|H G||Brown||World War 1||KIA||view|
|A J||Campbell||World War 1||view|
|R C||Confoy||World War 2||view|
Help us record history by adding to its record.