A substantial brick and tile building now connected to the adjacent Killara Uniting Church (previously Killara Congregational). The foundation stone is set at the front of the hall in a small garden and is partly obscured by the rosemary bushes. Inside are the honour roll and brass dedicatory plaque. The hall was dedicated on both 21 July 1951 and again on 18 October 1952.
Foundation stone (exterior):
To the glory of God and in grateful remembrance of sacrificial service in the Second World War 1939-1945 this memorial hall is erected 21st July 1951.
Copper plaque (interior):
The foundation stone of this memorial building was laid on 21st July 1951 by The Rt. Hon. R G Menzies CH, KC, MP the Prime Minister of the Commonwealth of Australia and the building declared open on 18th Oct 1952 by His Excellency Lieut. General Sir John Northcott, KCMG, CB, MVO, Governor of New South Wales.
Help us record history by adding to its record.