Concrete obelisk sitting on steps. Embedded in lower step is a stone from Gallipoli. Attached is a brass plaque with wreath and torch.The memorial was opened by Mr Dermot Murray (dec.) on 25/4/71. An ANZAC day service has been held in the park, back to at least 1946.An additional plaque is planned to be added in 2002, listing the names of all who served in both World Wars. Names so far associated are from the Louth Public School Honour Roll (which see)
Plaque inscribed with 'Lest We Forget'.
|Rank||Given Name||Family Name||Conflicts||Fate||Service No.||Service||Campaign||Link|
|J J||Doohan||World War 2||view|
|A||Gower||World War 2||view|
|R F||Gower||World War 2||view|
|H||Gower||World War 2||view|
|A W G||Mackay||World War 2||KIA||view|
|G A V||Mackay||World War 2||view|
|J A||Mackay||World War 2||view|
|Nurse (Sister)||B||McGuigan||World War 2||view|
|F||McQueen||World War 2||view|
|L||Murray||World War 2||view|
Help us record history by adding to its record.