Granite tapered column on a square sandstone plinth. Additional plaques were added in 2006.
The memorial is located on the northern side of the Park, opposite the City Hall.
The below emblems are attached to the base of the granite column, above the sandstone:
To the Glory of God and to all men and women who served, fought and died in all wars and conflicts. This memorial was officially rededicated by Rear Admiral Peter Sinclair AC, AO (Mil), KSt J, RAN Rtd Former Governor of New South Wales on 11 November 2003. Lest we forget. Councillors of City of Newcastle Lord Mayor John S Tate.
West side - top:
This memorial is dedicated to honour the men and women of Newcastle and District who, in service with the Armed and Auxiliary Forces of the Commonwealth gave their lives to bequeath to others a heritage of freedom and security. Greater love hath no man than this. At the going down of the sun - and in the morning we will remember them.
West side - bottom:
Korea 1950-1953; Malaya 1948-1960; Borneo 1962-1966; Malay Peninsula 1964-1966; Vietnam 1962-1973. Lest we forget.
Honouring the role of members of the Australian Army Medical Women's Service 1942 – 1945 and all service women who served their Country. Commemorating the 60th anniversary in 2005 of Victory in the Pacific and the end of the Second World War. Lest we forget. Unveiled by Mrs Dulcie Giles A.A.M.W.S. President Newcastle 25 April 2006.
Help us record history by adding to its record.