Two large stone and concrete gate pillars, painted green with cream highlights, are paired with red-painted wrought iron gates. Attached to the eastern gate post is the inscribed bronze plaque. The gates and pillars were originally part of Petersham Town Hall and were re-erected in their current location in 1921. The gates are near the Brighton and Wentworth Streets area of the park.
Petersham Park ANZAC Gates.
In memory of the men who left Petersham and fought in the Great War of 1914 to 1919.
Ald John A Clark JP, Mayor Sept.1921
Help us record history by adding to its record.