Sandstone block pillar with semi-circular stone surround and faced with a bronze dedicatory name plaque. This monument is situated in one of Sydney's most historic areas, The Rocks, with a number of guns and canons dating back to the early days of the Sydney colony.
The memorial was dedicated on 2 June 1940 at 3pm. A digital copy of the Order of Service from the ceremony can be access through the Mitchell Collection, State Library of New South Wales.
The Units of the Volunteers from New South Wales who responded to the Empire's call SOUTH AFRICAN WAR 1899-1902.
327 Officers - 6000. Other Ranks 14. Nurses 5877. Horses 244. Killed or died on service.
Erected by the South African Soldiers' Association.
|Rank||Given Name||Family Name||Conflicts||Fate||Service No.||Service||Unit||Campaign||Link|
|Colonel||J A KENNETH||MacKay||South African Campaign||NSW Imperial Bushman||view|
|Lt Colonel||G C||Night||South African Campaign||1st NSW Mounted Rifles||view|
|Colonel||S C U||Smith||South African Campaign||A Battery R.A.A.||view|
|Captain||R R||Thompson||South African Campaign||1st Australian Horse||view|
|Lt Colonel||R||Wallace||South African Campaign||3 Bn Aust Cmnwlth Horse||view|
|Colonel (P.M.O)||W D C||Williams||South African Campaign||Medical Corps||view|
Help us record history by adding to its record.