The original Roll of Honour Memorial was built in 1917 by a woodwork teacher at the school, called Humphreys to remember the service of Sydney Technical High School (STHS) students and teachers.
From the STHS photo 1. we can see the two magnificent carved columns framing the board and at the bottom of these columns there are two discs showing theatres of service.
152 names were on the original board. The then Minister of Education, Mr James attended the unveiling of the memorial in 1917 when the school was located at Ultimo in the grounds of Sydney Technical College (see below article New Ideals from War - Honor Roll Unveiled, 1917). Some time later a second board was added with 128 names and the wooden carved columns disappeared (see photo 2).
The Roll of Honour Memorial is made out of oak timber. It is in the main entrance building of the school close to the school auditorium.
- HONOUR ROLL -
Help us record history by adding to its record.