A large timber grandfather clock with an attached plaque, located within the foyer of the Uralla Memorial Institute, constructed 1927. The clock was once positioned outside the building on a piece of polished granite donated by Vic Melvaine of the Uralla Granite Quarries.
In July 1947, the Women's Radio Club offered a memorial clock to the Memorial Institute Committee and they agreed to the offer. In November, the Uralla Municipal Council agreed to supply free electricity to the clock.
The unveiling and dedication of the clock took place on Anzac Day, 1948 and The Uralla Times, 29 April described the occasion in detail. The President of Uralla Shire Council, Councillor W.J. King dedicated the clock and Mrs A. Byrne, president of the Uralla Branch of the Radio Club, unveiled it. Local electrical engineer, Mr A.V. Rutherford had previously erected the clock.
Uralla Memorial Clock
Erected By The Uralla Branch Of The 2TM Womens Radio Club
In Memory Of All Those Who Served In World War II
April 25th 1948
Help us record history by adding to its record.