Yass Soldiers' Memorial Hall
A substantial two storey brick building with four stone pillars and stone facings, located in the main street of Yass. In the foyer of the building are Honour Rolls for the Sudan, Boer War, World Wars 1 and 2, Korea, Vietnam and memorial plaques for Sandakan.The dedication date was March 1923.
Soldiers' Memorial Hall 1923. Governor General Lord Forster laid the foundation stone in 1922 and the building was officially opened by Brigadier General H E 'Pompey' Elliott in March 1923. Designed by Vernon and Hill of Sydney as a war memorial and public hall; it was built by Walter Macintosh of Yass and paid for by public subscription. It has housed a cinema, ex-serviceman's (sic) club, literary institute and lecture room. Two upper storey rooms were added in 1928 and 1930. WW1 trophies flanked the building until 1941.