The central white column facing north, rises in tiers with a copper plate inserted at the front.On top are three Lee Enfield rifles pointing skywards joining at the end to form a triangle. (Originally martini action riffles were on top but disappeared)The central column is surrounded by four pillars linked with a heavy chain and accompanying flag poles. The column & pillars are all formed in concrete. The main column, copper plate with insignia and wording was designed & fabricated by Charles Spencer a local Copper Smith.
The memorial was originally in front of the old RSL Club but was moved when the RSL Club sold the building and land for new premises some 100 metres east of where it now resides at the Yenda Diggers Club.
LEST WE FORGET
1914 - 1918
Help us record history by adding to its record.