Bonville Memorial Hall

Bonville Memorial Hall, exterior view of entrance
Description

Bonville Memorial Hall was constructed with timber and fibro, with a brick façade later added.

The memorial hall contains honour rolls and trophy guns dating back to the First World War. One of the guns is a German MG08/15 machine gun made by J P Sauer & Sohn, Suhl in 1917. It was captured by the 13th Battalion at Vaire Wood, France on 4 July 1918 and came to Australia aboard the SS Coo-ee on 11 October 1919.

Materials
  • Brick
  • Timber
Inscription

Above entrance

BONVILLE MEMORIAL HALL

Address
6 East Bonville Road
Bonville NSW 2450
Local Government Area
  • Coffs Harbour, City of
Setting
  • Building – outside
Location status
Original location
Memorial type
  • Building
Recorded by
Sue Hindmarsh
Established date
1910
Established Date format: 
$e_original_date = $entity->field_established['und'][0]['value']; if (!empty($e_original_date)) { $changed_date = strtotime($e_original_date); $new_date = date("d F Y", $changed_date); print '
Established date
'; print $new_date; } else{ print ''; }
Conflict/s
  • First World War, 1914–18
  • All conflicts

Do you know more about this war memorial?

Help us record history by adding to its record.

Update this memorial