All Saints Anglican Church - Bodalla
Brass honour board with red lettering.
MORUYA EXAMINER 8TH NOVEMBER 1919 ALL SAINTS' CHURCH, BODALLA —
A large congregation assembled at All Saints' Church, Bodalla, on Sunday Morning, the occasion being the Patronal Festival and the unveiling of the Parish Roll of Honour.
The Service was fully choral, the Eucharist being sang to a dignified setting composed by the Rev. H. E. Lewin. The sermon was preached by the Rev. G. A. Sanders, during which a fitting tribute was paid to the men from the Bodalla parish who served in the war.
The Honor Roll, which is in heavy brass with black and red lettering, contains the names of churchmen, of which number nine made the great sacrifice. Hung in a prominent place on the south wall, the Honour Roll harmonises well with the dignified beauty of the Church.
[Note: The Mort family built All Saints Anglican Church as a memorial to Thomas Sutcliffe Mort and his first wife Theresa. His second wife laid the foundation stone in 1880. All Saints was designed by renowned architect Edmund Blacket in the Gothic Revival style.]
To the Glory of God
In memory of the men who went from this parish to fight for their country's honour in the Great War.
Help us record NSW history
|A E||Annis||World War 1||view|
|J A||Berriman||World War 1||view|
|F||Brice||World War 1||view|
|A J||Cole||World War 1||KIA||view|
|LCorp||A E||Costin||World War 1||AIF||30th Bat||view|
|Pte||F C||Costin||World War 1||KIA 06/05/1918||AIF||33rd Bat||view|
|Bdr||A J||Costin||World War 1||AIF||1stDAC||view|
|W H||Costin||World War 1||AIF||33rd Bat||view|
|Spr||F G||Costin||World War 1||AIF||1st Aus Tunnelling Coy||view|
|Pte||R G||Costin||World War 1||AIF||34th Bttn||view|