War memorial hospital set within parklands on a hill. The foundation stone was laid on 26 May 1921. The hospital consists of several buildings from different periods. Within the main entrance foyer are two marble honour rolls from the First World War, unveiled during the opening ceremony for the hospital on 5 July 1922. Nearby are portraits of office bearers and small plaques detailing gifts and services donated to the hospital. Inside the main entrance gates is a well maintained gun.
THIS STONE WAS LAID BY
SIR WALTER EDWARD DAVIDSON K.C.M.G.
GOVERNOR OF NEW SOUTH WALES
ON 26TH MAY 1921
THE HONOURABLE J.J. GREGORY McGIRR M.L.A.
MINISTER FOR PUBLIC HEALTH AND MOTHERHOOD
THE GREAT WAR 1914 - 1918
THESE MEN ANSWERED THEIR COUNTRY'S CALL
|Rank||Given Name||Family Name||Conflicts||Fate||Service No.||Service||Campaign||Link|
|P||ACOSTINELLI||World War 1||view|
|G||ANDERDOWN||World War 1||view|
|D||ANDERSON||World War 1||view|
|Sid||ANDERSON||World War 1||view|
|H A||ARCHER||World War 1||KIA||view|
|Lieut||A M||ATKINSON||World War 1||view|
|L/Corp||H J||BALCOMB||World War 1||view|
|A||BARLOW||World War 1||view|
|Lieut||H S||BARTLETT||World War 1||view|
|Lieut||L||BARTLETT||World War 1||view|
Help us record history by adding to its record.