2020 marks 75 years since the end of the Second World War. To commemorate this important year, the NSW Government is interviewing WWII veterans about their experiences. Read our 75th Anniversary Stories.
The honour roll is attached to the wall adjacent to the church entrance. It is flanked by the Australian and British flags. The stained wooden board has gold lettering and wooden scrolls on either side of the veterans' names. It measures 600mm wide and 900mm high. It lists 15 veterans from the local area who attended the church.
Notes on veterans' names:
The foundation stone for the old Presbyterian Church in Castle Hill was unveiled on 15 July 1939 by Reverend G. M. Scott, Home Missions Superintendent, 1936-1939. The modern St Columba’s Presbyterian Church, Castle Hill was opened on 6 March 1976 and the memorial boards were transferred from the old church.
|Rank||Given Name||Family Name||Conflict/s||Fate||Service No.||Service||Unit||Campaign||Link|
|Private||T A||Clement||World War 1||3267||AIF||2nd Brigade||France||view|
|Private||R||Cobban||World War 2||NX153276||AIF||37/52 Australian Infantry Battalion||view|
|Private||F E||Fitzroy||World War 2||NX98620||AIF||2/27 Australian Infantry Battalion||view|
|Sergeant||T L||James||World War 2||NX150710||AIF||15th Australian Ind Pro Pl||view|
|Private||C F||James||World War 2||NX84289||AIF||2/6th Australian Infantry Battalion||view|
|Gunner||D R||James||World War 2||NX163636||AIF||2/2 Anti Aircraft Regiment||view|
|Lieutenant||C||John||World War 2||NX117484||AIF||2nd Port Detachment AASC||view|
|Lance Bombardier||A||Shephard||World War 2||NF409125||AIF||Heavy Artillery Sydney FD||view|
|Sergeant||H B||Shephard||World War 2||NX23835||AIF||2/6 Field Artillery||view|
Help us record history by adding to its record.