Mrs Margaret Davis, the founding president of the Garden Clubs of Australia, suggested establishing a living memorial to those who had served in the Second World War. The Remembrance Driveway Committee was formed in 1954.
Winsor Park was dedicated as a memorial in 1955 to employees of the New South Wales Railways who served in the Second World War and Korea. There is a flagpole and plaque with the dedication.
The park was upgraded in 1995 with additional eucalypts and grevillea trees. The tree planting has continued into 2011 at various locations along the route. The park and memorial are also listed on s.170 NSW State agency heritage register.
This park was dedicated by R Winsor Esq Commissioner For Railways as a memorial to railway employees who gave their services and lives for Australia in the armed forces. 16th July 1955.