Frederickton First World War Memorial

Description

A grey granite obelisk set on three concrete steps within a fenced enclosure on the border of the Frederickton Public School. Attached to the obelisk are five polished black granite plaques on which the names of veterans and several inscriptions are engraved and gilded. The memorial was relocated to the school in 1938 from the Frederickton Recreation Grounds where it was first erected in 1920-1921.

Inscription

Plaque

Sacred to the memory of our boys who paid the supreme sacrifice

Plaque

In honour of our boys who enlisted from Frederickton

Plaque

1920

Roll

Fallen heroes
[Names]

Base

Lest We Forget

Veterans listed on this memorial

Rank Given Name Family Name Conflict/s Fate Service No. Service Campaign Link
W Charlton World War 2 view
F D Conn World War 2 KIA RAAF view
E C Conn World War 2 view
E Conn World War 2 view
W S Cormack World War 1 KIA view
E Crossman World War 1 view
E M Davies World War 1 view
A V Dew World War 2 view
J Dowling World War 1 view
M Dufty Vietnam War view
Address
Cnr Great North Road and Pacific Highway
Frederickton Public School
Frederickton NSW 2440
Local Government Area
  • Kempsey Shire
Setting
  • Garden/park
Location status
Moved/altered
Memorial type
  • Obelisk
Recorded by
David Roden. Updated photographs by Ken Hills, Kempsey-Macleay RSL Sub Branch.
Established date
1920-1921
Established Date format: 
$e_original_date = $entity->field_established['und'][0]['value']; if (!empty($e_original_date)) { $changed_date = strtotime($e_original_date); $new_date = date("d F Y", $changed_date); print '
Established date
'; print $new_date; } else{ print ''; }
Dedication date: 
12/04/1938
Dedication date
04 December 1938
Conflict/s
  • First World War, 1914–18

Do you know more about this war memorial?

Help us record history by adding to its record.

Update this memorial