Ivanhoe Park War Memorial, Manly
The memorial was established in 1953 and sits in the Ivanhoe Park Memorial Garden in the south western corner of Ivanhoe Park.
The memorial is a Pyrmont Sandstone obelisk mounted on a Pyrmont Standstone step, all resting on a Trachyte plinth. All sits at the centre of a concrete square base with garden beds at each corner with brick edges.
On southern side of the obelisk, bronze emblems for the Navy, Army and Air Force are mounted on the below the other (in that order).
The War Memorial Park was dedicated on 30 October 1953. A Remembrance Day Ceremony was held on 8 November 1953 at which His Excellency the Governor Lt-General Sir John Northcorr, K.C.M.G, C.B, M.V.O formally unveiled the memorial.
The memorial was specifically created and dedicated to those who had fought and fallen in the Second World War and is the only public memorial for this purpose in the Manly area.
On the on the southern side of the Sandstone step the words 'TO THOSE WHO SERVED' are inscribed.