Manly Australian Artillery Memorial

Description

This memorial comprises a 25 Pounder Mark II Gun and a separate bronze plaque mounted on a concrete block. 

Inscription

This gun is dedicated to the citizens of Manly and District to commemorate those who served in the Royal Regiment of Australian Artillery and to recognise the close association between the Municipality of Manly and the School of Artillery. Unveiled by Alderman David A Hay MBE, Mayor of Manly, on 27 August 1983. Royal Australian Artillery Historical Society. Manly Municipal Council.

Address
Gilbert Park
Belgrave Street
Manly NSW 2095
Local Government Area
  • Northern Beaches Council
Setting
  • Garden/park
Memorial type
  • Other
Recorded by
David Roden. Updated photographs by Peter Levarre-Waters.
Established date
1983
Established Date format: 
$e_original_date = $entity->field_established['und'][0]['value']; if (!empty($e_original_date)) { $changed_date = strtotime($e_original_date); $new_date = date("d F Y", $changed_date); print '
Established date
'; print $new_date; } else{ print ''; }
Dedication date: 
1983-08-27
Dedication date
27 August 1983
Conflict/s
  • Second World War, 1939–45

Do you know more about this war memorial?

Help us record history by adding to its record.

Update this memorial