St Andrew's Anglican Church Second World War Memorial Gates, Lismore

Lismore St Andrews Anglican Church World War 2 Memorial GatesLismore St Andrews Anglican Church World War 2 Memorial Gates, left plaqueLismore St Andrews Anglican Church World War 2 Memorial Gates, right plaqueLismore St Andrews Anglican Church
Description

Four brick gateway columns, joined by two large wrought iron gates in the centre, and two smaller gates to the left and rights sides. Each gate is deocorated with a cross. There are two metal plaques located on the centre columns, commemorating those from the parish who served in the Second World War. The gates are located on the southwestern side of St Andrew's Anglican Church.

On Sunday 12 October 1947, the Bishop of Grafton, the Right Reverend C. E. Storrs dedicated the memorial gates. The dedication followed a special service in the church. A detailed account of the occasion was published in the Northern Star, 13 October 1947.

Inscription

Left plaque

These gates were erected
to the glory of God and
in memory of all men and
women of this parish who
served in World War II.

Right plaque

To the glory of God and
in solemn memory of those
of this parish who gave
their lives in World War II.

Address
10 Zadoc Street
Lismore NSW 2480
Local Government Area
  • Lismore, City of
Setting
  • Roadside
Memorial type
  • Gate/lychgate
Recorded by
Graham Wilson OAM
Established date
1947
Established Date format: 
$e_original_date = $entity->field_established['und'][0][value]; if (!empty($e_original_date)) { $changed_date = strtotime($e_original_date); $new_date = date("d F Y", $changed_date); print '
Established date
'; print $new_date; } else{ print ''; }
Dedication date: 
10/12/1947
Dedication date
12 October 1947
Conflict/s
  • Second World War, 1939–45

Do you know more about this war memorial?

Help us record history by adding to its record.

Update this memorial