A round white marble column set in a dish to form a fountain with a rectangular base and mounted on a single step of the same stone. The base has inscriptions engraved on each of its four sides.The memorial is located East Esplanade opposite Ashburner Street on the bay, it is part of the Sydney Harbour foreshore
Erected to the memory of Troopers H M Budd and S Lipscombe who died in the South African War. March 1900.
Also to the memory of F C Smalpage who was drowned in the breakers at Manly in endeavouring to save the life of Miss M Thorp on 17th January 1902.
This fountain was unveiled by Mrs Alex Learmonth Mayoress of Manly on 18th January 1908.
Municipality of Manly. Incorporated 6th January 1877.
Help us record history by adding to its record.